This project is read-only.

Any consideration to upgrade wss3 workflow tools to Visual Studio 2010

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Hi, I am looking for upgrade of wss3 workflows tools to work with VS 2010.

Any efforts in this area?

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Planning has begun on the features we can leverage.

Van: vjarora42 [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: di 23-2-2010 19:16
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Any consideration to upgrade wss3 workflow tools to Visual Studio 2010 [wss3workflow:155529]

Hi, I am looking for upgrade of wss3 workflows tools to work with VS 2010.

Any efforts in this area?

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=155529&ANCHOR#Post363281> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:155529]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Jun 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hi,

Any update on this?

I am using VS2010 with SP2010 and I want to use task controls like those included in this project.

Microsoft only documents the use of InfoPath forms in SP2010 which is no no for people who do not have enterprise CALs.

VS2010 includes templates for ASP.NET association and initiation forms but not task forms.

Thank you!

Javier

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM

We have begun work on moving to 2010. Nothing available yet though!

Sent: dinsdag 1 juni 2010 16:15
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: Re: Any consideration to upgrade wss3 workflow tools to Visual Studio 2010 [wss3workflow:155529]

Hi,

Any update on this?

I am using VS2010 with SP2010 and I want to use task controls like those included in this project.

Microsoft only documents the use of InfoPath forms in SP2010 which is no no for people who do not have enterprise CALs.

VS2010 includes templates for ASP.NET association and initiation forms but not task forms.

Thank you!

Javier

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM

THank you for the fast response

Any URLs you can recommend on how to do ASP.NET forms with SP2010?

All I have found is Robert Shelton and your own…. 2007 stuff

Thanks!

Javier

Sent: martes, 01 de junio de 2010 16:16
To: Javier Borrajo Iniesta
Subject: Re: Any consideration to upgrade wss3 workflow tools to Visual Studio 2010 [wss3workflow:155529]

We have begun work on moving to 2010. Nothing available yet though!

Sent: dinsdag 1 juni 2010 16:15

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thank you!

Javier

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Por favor sea respetuoso con el medio ambiente y piense si realmente necesita imprimir este mensaje.
Please be respectful of the environment and think whether you really need to print this message.

Este mensaje y los archivos adjuntos son confidenciales y se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario; está prohibida su utilización, copia o reproducción por cualquier otra persona. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por teléfono o por este medio y proceda a eliminarlo de su sistema.

This message and the attached files are confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. Their use, copy or reproduction by any other person is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and remove it from your system.
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM

The only difference in 2010 is the hosting of the task form in the dialog.  You can write task forms the same as 2007, just do a quick check to determine if the form is displayed in a popup and close it correctly if it is.

if (IsDialogMode)
    SendReponseForPopUI();
else
  SPUtility.Redirect(List.DefaultViewUrl, SPRedirectFlags.UseSource, Context);

The 2010 version of the tools should be up on the site in the next week or so.  I've got the conversion mostly working, but it doesn't have the tooling in place.  The core code is working and you can check it out as soon as I get it uploaded.

Chris

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM

The first pass of a SharePoint 2010 version of the toolset is in the source tree.  Keep in mind this is a straight port and doesn't take advantage of the new development features in VS 2010.  Those are coming next.

Jun 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I've just got my first ASP.NET custom task form up and running in SP2010 using VS2010.

The workflow task uses a custom content type with one custom ASP.NET form.

Since the documentation is lacking, I had to use SharePoint Designer 2010 to get the XML for the custom content type forms OK.

Here is the XML to setup the forms. Please note <XmlDocuments> must have two children <XmlDocument> nodes, one for <FormTemplates> and the other for <FormUrls>.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Elements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/">
  <!-- Fields -->
  <Field ID="{A02FF3C0-BC5F-4e57-BF4E-A0F13F8AE548}"
         Name="AprobarCliente"
         DisplayName="Aprobar Cliente"
         Group="Sheldon.WF"
         Type="Choice"
         Format="Dropdown"
         Required="TRUE"
         >
    <CHOICES>
      <CHOICE>Aprobar</CHOICE>
      <CHOICE>No aprobar</CHOICE>
    </CHOICES>
    <Default>Aprobar</Default>
  </Field>
  <!-- Parent ContentType: Task (0x0108) -->
  <!-- Parent ContentType: Workflow Task (0x010801) -->
  <!-- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa543825.aspx -->
  <!-- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms473210.aspx -->
  <ContentType ID="0x010801003ebc77bb2a5f47bb93d9a2690c2808f5"
               Name="Sheldon.WF - AprobarClienteCT"
               Group="Sheldon.WF"
               Description="Tarea aprobar cliente"
               Inherits="TRUE"
               Version="0">
    <FieldRefs>
      <FieldRef ID="{A02FF3C0-BC5F-4e57-BF4E-A0F13F8AE548}"
                Name="AprobarCliente"/>
    </FieldRefs>
    <XmlDocuments>
      <XmlDocument NamespaceURI="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/v3/contenttype/forms">
        <FormTemplates xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/v3/contenttype/forms">
          <Display>ListForm</Display>
          <Edit>ListForm</Edit>
          <New>ListForm</New>
        </FormTemplates>
      </XmlDocument>
      <XmlDocument NamespaceURI="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/v3/contenttype/forms/url">
        <FormUrls xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/v3/contenttype/forms/url">
          <Display>_layouts/Sheldon.WF/Task0Form.aspx</Display>
          <Edit>_layouts/Sheldon.WF/Task0Form.aspx</Edit>
          <New>_layouts/Sheldon.WF/Task0Form.aspx</New>
        </FormUrls>
      </XmlDocument>
    </XmlDocuments>
  </ContentType>
</Elements>

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Hi!

Thanks for the new release for SP2010.

I've just downloaded the source code and I try to build the TPG.SharePoint.Workflow project but I get an error

"Cannot import the following key file: Key.pfx. The key file may be password protected....."

How can I use this source code? I cannot compile it because of the password protected Key.pfx file.

Javier.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM

You should be able to switch tot the Debug build configuration and compile.

Sent: donderdag 10 juni 2010 11:44

Hi!

Thanks for the new release for SP2010.

I've just downloaded the source code and I try to build the TPG.SharePoint.Workflow project but I get an error

"Cannot import the following key file: Key.pfx. The key file may be password protected....."

How can I use this source code? I cannot compile it because of the password protected Key.pfx file.

Javier.

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM
Wouterv wrote:

You should be able to switch tot the Debug build configuration and compile

Thank you for the fast response.

I was already using the Debug build configuration. Also tried to compile with the Release build configuration but same error.

Found someting here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2815366/cannot-import-the-following-keyfile-blah-pfx-the-keyfile-may-be-password-prote

So I tried to install the pfx file, but Certificate Import Wizard asks for the password, so I cannot install the certificate.

So it seems I need to know the password for the Key.pfx file?

Javier

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Nope. You should probably delete the DebugSigned and ReleaseSigned configs. Note that VS2010 is not yet supported.

Sent: donderdag 10 juni 2010 11:53

Wouterv wrote:

You should be able to switch tot the Debug build configuration and compile

Thank you for the fast response.

I was already using the Debug build configuration. Also tried to compile with the Release build configuration but same error.

Found someting here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2815366/cannot-import-the-following-keyfile-blah-pfx-the-keyfile-may-be-password-prote

So I tried to install the pfx file, but Certificate Import Wizard asks for the password, so I cannot install the certificate.

So it seems I need to know the password for the Key.pfx file?

Javier

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I am using VS2010...

So I have to install VS2008...

This will take some time

I am not quite sure installing VS2008 will fix the issue. VS2010 is not showing any DebugSigned and ReleaseSigned configs. VS2010 only shows Debug and Release configs.

Anyway, here we go... VS2008 it is

Javier

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Drat.... cannot install VS2008 because my dev machine has not enaough disk left.

Doing a custom install and changing the install drive does not help.

This is annoying.

Jun 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Instead of installing VS2008 I have migrated TPG.SharePoint.Workflow to VS2010

Now it builds OK

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Hey, it is working!  :-)

I had to use simple ascx files with no code behind and no designer because I do not see how VS2010 can create user controls inheriting from TGP.SharePoint.Workflow.TaskControl

I guess I'll have to wait for you guys to release the VS2010 tooling support

Anyway, I am very happy with things as they are now

Thanks for a great tool!

Javier