Redirect user after WSS3Workflow ends

Jul 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Hi,

I'm creating a Sequential Workflow using WSS3workflow tool. I have a Task Form with a text box, a few check boxes, a Save and Cancel buttons. After users finish filling out the text boxes and checking all the checkboxes, they'll hit Save and they are taken back to the Workflow Status page. Is there a way that I can redirect users to a different page, say Thankyou.aspx or something? What the workflow does is it takes the input that users put in on the Task Form, update a list and then send email to Supervisor upon ending the workflow.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Unfortunately that’s a scenario we didn’t think of when designing the tools.  We’re currently working on a SharePoint 2010 version and I’ve added a feature request identifying this issue.

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:50 PM

A bit disapointed! :( I still like the tools though and look forward to 2010 version.

Thanks for responding.

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

If you really need the functionality now, you can always extend the tools to support what you need right away.  You’d need to expose a method in the base class for the control that would return the target success url, then access that from the base task page.

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Can you explain or give sample codes? I'm new to WSS3Workflow. Thanks