Task Control Validator

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Hi, i am creating a task control.

In the approve button i want to validate that a texbox has valid date, if not i want to cancel the approve.

I am using custom validator, i put the approve button in the right validation group but my validator is not firing...

In the code of the button click inside the button section are you using the statemten if (Page.IsValid)??

How can i validate the input data in the task control??

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM
You may want to check jQuery to do client side validation and a lot more

Saludos

Javier Borrajo

El 15/07/2010, a las 16:59, "javieruy" <notifications@codeplex.com> escribió:

Hi, i am creating a task control.

In the approve button i want to validate that a texbox has valid date, if not i want to cancel the approve.

I am using custom validator, i put the approve button in the right validation group but my validator is not firing...

In the code of the button click inside the button section are you using the statemten if (Page.IsValid)??

How can i validate the input data in the task control??

Por favor sea respetuoso con el medio ambiente y piense si realmente necesita imprimir este mensaje.
Please be respectful of the environment and think whether you really need to print this message.

Este mensaje y los archivos adjuntos son confidenciales y se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario; está prohibida su utilización, copia o reproducción por cualquier otra persona. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por teléfono o por este medio y proceda a eliminarlo de su sistema.

This message and the attached files are confidential and intended exclusively for the addressee. Their use, copy or reproduction by any other person is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and remove it from your system.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Validation is supported in the base classes, but its possible we didn't fully implement validation groups.  Can you post the applicable sections of the code so I can see the validator and the button that validates if it's not the standard button?

While JQuery will give you great client side validation, it won't protect you from someone trying to submit a post manually and bypassing the javascript or someone not running Javascript.  I'd recommend making sure you perform server side validation as well.

Chris