This project is read-only.

Feature Activation Error

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Hi,

First - THANK YOU.  This seems to solve a lot of the plumming.

I have worked through the first two videos no problem and have sucessfully created the workflow with association / initiation controls and logging.

I have completed the development on video 3 but get the following error in the evnt log when I re-activate the workflow.  Seems it is the dependency that was added...

Insufficient SQL database permissions for user '' in database 'SharePoint_Config' on SQL Server instance 'myinstance'. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putObject', database 'SharePoint_Config', schema 'dbo'.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putDependency', database 'SharePoint_Config', schema 'dbo'.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putDependency', database 'SharePoint_Config', schema 'dbo'.

Side note: The error referers to database: 'SharePoint_Config' but the WSS site uses 'SgrpEss_WSS_Content'

Regards
Jaco

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:52 PM
I have fixed the problem.

My site was running under a service account and this caused the permission denied error.  I changed to a new account that has the necesary permission

Jaco
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Cool,

Please note that we will resolve the issue with the need to run the site under admin credentials. It's due to a silly mistake in the beta.

Wouter