x64 support?

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Hi.

I've started to look into the tools, and it do look very promising. Great work.

But I've one question: Have you had time to test it in x64 environments?
(or maybe that is something we in the community could do :-))

Best regards,
Frode
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 8:59 PM
The code works fine in the 64 bit environment, so if you're comfortable working with a .wsp and have a 32 bit dev machine, you're ready to go.

The x64 hangup is strictly in the custom actions in the MSI.  We're working on that right now

Chris
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM
The installer is now updated to support x64 environments. Find the download on the releases page.

Hope it helps,

Wouter
Jan 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Hi,

First off, let me say this is a great toolset.

I've installed this on two x86 dev environments so far with no problems, but when I tried installing on an x64 today with a fresh download of the x64 version, the installation wizard said:

WSS3 Workflow Tools Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

and the event log had this in it:

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: WSS3 Workflow Tools. Product Version: 1.0.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Do you have any other ideas of what I could check to debug this?

Thanks,
Adam
Jan 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM
I ran msiexec with verbose logging and found this:

Calling custom action TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.Install.SharePoint!TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.Install.SharePoint.SharePointCustomActions.FindWebApps
MSI (c) (FC!64) [14:05:11:812]: Note: 1: 2262 2: ListBox 3: -2147287038
MSI (c) (FC!64) [14:05:11:839]: Note: 1: 2262 2: ListBox 3: -2147287038
Exception thrown by custom action:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.Install.SharePoint.SharePointCustomActions.FindWebApps(Session session)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2009 at 7:04 AM
mbsurf

Unfortunately we've been unable to reproduce your error.  Can you send me your entire log at predeekc at hotmail dot com.  This will help us better understand where the error is coming from and help you track down the problem.

Chris
Feb 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM
I believe the culprit was UAC. I have since turned it off and the setup installed fine.
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up!