VB Templates?

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Do you plan on providing VB templates?

I'm new to developing for SharePoint and when I stumbled upon your video tutorials on how to set up a workflow project and deploy it to WSS 3.0 I was quite happy since I haven't been able to find any other tutorials yet that deal specifically with WSS 3.0.  They all revovle around developing for SharePoint Server(MOSS).

Anyway, I'll finish up your tutorials in C#, but my company requires I use VB for now and I would like to take advantage of your framework if it can be useful.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Yes, we are planning on providing those too. It isn’t that much work actually, I’ll put it closer on my agenda if it’ll help you out.

Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,

Wouter van Vugt

Technology Evangelist

Email: wouter@code-counsel.net
Mobile: +31 (6) 438 317 12
Weblog: http://blogs.code-counsel.net/wouter

Code Counsel

Sharing Knowledge With Passion

From: johnsmallberries [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: zondag 11 januari 2009 20:06
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: VB Templates? [wss3workflow:43937]

Do you plan on providing VB templates?

I'm new to developing for SharePoint and when I stumbled upon your video tutorials on how to set up a workflow project and deploy it to WSS 3.0 I was quite happy since I haven't been able to find any other tutorials yet that deal specifically with WSS 3.0. They all revovle around developing for SharePoint Server(MOSS).

Anyway, I'll finish up your tutorials in C#, but my company requires I use VB for now and I would like to take advantage of your framework if it can be useful.

Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM
Not a big deal yet.  I need to make sure this is going to be the right thing for my environment.
Jan 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM
In regards to your tutorials, I made the mistake of trying to deploy a different project with the same name using the C# templates into my development sharepoint server and now I have a duplicate feature.  I haven't tried it out yet to see which one is correct, but I'm wondering if you have any advice on how to clean it up so I can start from scratch.

I tried the stsadm.exe -o uninstallfeatures -name SimpleApprovalWorkflow -force and while it said it was successful, I still have one feature left in my site.

I can't seem to get the stsadm.exe to delete it...even when I use the GUID that I have inside the feature.xml file as an -id on the stsadm command line.  When I did that, I got a "feature not in site" message.

Just wondering if there is something else I'm missing here.(also, I haven't continued through the second and third videos in your series, perhaps there is an update to the postbuild commands...won't that cause problems if there isn't an uninstall first?...anyway, just rambling since I'm so new to this stuff.)

Thanks,

John
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM

If you have removed your features but the files remain, I usually make note of it and delete the files manually (on my dev box). It is usually due to a missing <ElementFile> element in the feature.xml.

Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,

Wouter van Vugt

Technology Evangelist

Email: wouter@code-counsel.net
Mobile: +31 (6) 438 317 12
Weblog: http://blogs.code-counsel.net/wouter

Code Counsel

Sharing Knowledge With Passion

From: johnsmallberries [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: maandag 12 januari 2009 23:37
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: Re: VB Templates? [wss3workflow:43937]

In regards to your tutorials, I made the mistake of trying to deploy a different project with the same name using the C# templates into my development sharepoint server and now I have a duplicate feature. I haven't tried it out yet to see which one is correct, but I'm wondering if you have any advice on how to clean it up so I can start from scratch.

I tried the stsadm.exe -o uninstallfeatures -name SimpleApprovalWorkflow -force and while it said it was successful, I still have one feature left in my site.

I can't seem to get the stsadm.exe to delete it...even when I use the GUID that I have inside the feature.xml file as an -id on the stsadm command line. When I did that, I got a "feature not in site" message.

Just wondering if there is something else I'm missing here.(also, I haven't continued through the second and third videos in your series, perhaps there is an update to the postbuild commands...won't that cause problems if there isn't an uninstall first?...anyway, just rambling since I'm so new to this stuff.)

Thanks,

John

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:05 AM
That did the trick.  I didn't realize that I could just remove the folders for that feature and it would stop showing up on the site collection feature management page.(given my situation with the uninstall of duplicate and all)

Thanks,

John
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM
VB templates will be provided in the 1.1 release