How to display extra information directly from workflow's list inside custom task control?

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Guys,

First of all thanks for this excellent tool that has saved me from spending many sleepless nights.

I am developing an approval workflow for expense reports. 

User uploads an expense report to a document library and my workflow kicks off automatically. When doing so, user will be entering the "comments to approver" in a column in the same document library. (I cant use initiation or association forms for this, as the workflow is not manually started.).

The approver must be able to see this comment in the custom task form, where he approves or rejects. (I am using user control for task form, as mentioned in the video)

Can you please let me know the best approach to have this functionality ? If the only or best way is to connect to the current workflow's list item from within the task control, can you please let me know the best way to achieve that ?

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM
Take a look at the solution in this discussion thread and see if it helps.  If not, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=46677