Problem updating to the latest build

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm proceeding correctly, but I have updated the solution using the lastest build using the .wsp file in the "\Implementation\Research\UI Controls\WSS 3 Workflow Tools\TPG.SharePoint.Workflow\bin\wsp" folder. When I'm trying to run my workflows (build with the december 2008 release) I have the following error message below. Do I need to re-install the updated template in Visual Studio an rebuild my workflow?

Help will be very appreciate because I'm on a project deadline. Thanks!

Could not load type 'TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.Controls.InputForm' from assembly 'TPG.SharePoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3a33f5f62ef53ef'.   at ASP._controltemplates_bnvdocumentapproval_configurationcontrol_ascx.__BuildControlTree(_controltemplates_bnvdocumentapproval_configurationcontrol_ascx __ctrl)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(IWebObjectFactory objectFactory, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type t, Object[] parameters)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowControl.CreateFormControl(Page page, String formUrl)
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowControlPlaceHolder.CreateFormControl(String formUrl)
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowControlPlaceHolder.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowDataControlPlaceHolder`1.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM
The research branch is not the latest. You should stick to the main branch.

Van: coupalm [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: wo 25-3-2009 22:32
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Problem updating to the latest build [wss3workflow:51310]

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm proceeding correctly, but I have updated the solution using the lastest build using the .wsp file in the "\Implementation\Research\UI Controls\WSS 3 Workflow Tools\TPG.SharePoint.Workflow\bin\wsp" folder. When I'm trying to run my workflows (build with the december 2008 release) I have the following error message below. Do I need to re-install the updated template in Visual Studio an rebuild my workflow?

Help will be very appreciate because I'm on a project deadline. Thanks!

Could not load type 'TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.Controls.InputForm' from assembly 'TPG.SharePoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3a33f5f62ef53ef'. at ASP._controltemplates_bnvdocumentapproval_configurationcontrol_ascx.__BuildControlTree(_controltemplates_bnvdocumentapproval_configurationcontrol_ascx __ctrl)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(IWebObjectFactory objectFactory, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type t, Object[] parameters)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowControl.CreateFormControl(Page page, String formUrl)
at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowControlPlaceHolder.CreateFormControl(String formUrl)
at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowControlPlaceHolder.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowDataControlPlaceHolder`1.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=51310&ANCHOR#Post172035> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:51310]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/project/unsubscribe/wss3workflow> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Mar 26, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Ok, thanks for the info.

I still have a problem, but it is, for sure, my misunderstanding on how to compile the solution to be able to install it on my production server.

On my development server I'm using the following solution : "\Implementation\Trunk\WSS 3 Workflow Tools\WSS 3 Workflow Tools.sln"

What configuration should I use to build the solution? Can I use the "Release" or do I need to use the "RealeaseSigned"? (Don't know the password)

Then can I just copy the .wsp file on my production server to install it with stsadm?

Ex: stsadm -o addsolution -filename tpg.sharepoint.workflow.wsp and then stsadm -o deploysolution -name tpg.sharepoint.workflow.wsp -local -url http://portal.bnv.intranet -allowgacdeployment

I have tried with the "Release" config but when I want to deploy it on my production server it says : Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.dll.

I guess that it is a strong name problem because I'm not using the "ReleaseSigned" config...

Thanks for your help!

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 7:18 AM
Correct.

We offer four build configurations. Debug / DebugSigned and Release / ReleaseSigned. The once with the Signed postfix are password protected since only the team can build the 'real' product. The non-signed versions are using .NET Delay Signing and for them to work you need to run the SkipVerification.bat file. Basically we need to support our product and for us to ensure that you are using a version that we support we protect the signing process with a password.

Is there any new functionality you need, or perhaps the bugfixes that will be in version 1.1? Please let me know, so we can speed up our release of version 1.1 if you need it. The code for it is complete but we want some more documentation.

This basically means you're stuck using version 1.0 for the time being, or you can use a non-signed version which isn't that nice on a production machine.

Hope it helps

Van: coupalm [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: do 26-3-2009 8:13
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Re: Problem updating to the latest build [wss3workflow:51310]

Ok, thanks for the info.

I still have a problem, but it is, for sure, my misunderstanding on how to compile the solution to be able to install it on my production server.

On my development server I'm using the following solution : "\Implementation\Trunk\WSS 3 Workflow Tools\WSS 3 Workflow Tools.sln"

What configuration should I use to build the solution? Can I use the "Release" or do I need to use the "RealeaseSigned"? (Don't know the password)

Then can I just copy the .wsp file on my production server to install it with stsadm?

Ex: stsadm -o addsolution -filename tpg.sharepoint.workflow.wsp and then stsadm -o deploysolution -name tpg.sharepoint.workflow.wsp -local -url http://portal.bnv.intranet -allowgacdeployment

I have tried with the "Release" config but when I want to deploy it on my production server it says : Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.dll.

I guess that it is a strong name problem because I'm not using the "ReleaseSigned" config...

Thanks for your help!

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=51310&ANCHOR#Post172168> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:51310]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/project/unsubscribe/wss3workflow> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Mar 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Hi Wouter,

Yes it will save my life if you can publish version 1.1. The problem that I have is supposed to be fixed in Change set 22936. I have created workflows with WSS3 on document libraries and it works like a charm. But then, I have create workflows on custom list. When a worklow is attached to a custom list, the fulltoolbar is creating an error. The workaround is to remove the full toolbar on my list views... This is not a good thing. The workflows that I have created on list were done with SharePoint Designer. As soon as I remove the workflow from the list, everyhting is back to normal.

Thanks for your help.

Martin.

Here is the error that I have when I try to access the list:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.BulkTaskProcessingButton.OnInit(EventArgs eventArgs) +1381
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +455
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +263
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.FeatureMenuTemplate.CreateChildControls() +1457
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +148
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.MenuTemplate.OnLoad(EventArgs args) +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +4697498
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.CreateChildControls() +3955
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +148
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +70
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +238
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3680

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM
I've posted a version 1.1 alpha.  We just did a build of the current code without any special testing, so let us know if you run into problems.  Overall the changes have been pretty minor lately since the focus has been on documentation, so I would hope you don't have any major problems.  If you do let me know and I'll do what I can.

Chris
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Hi Chris,

I went to the Release 1.1 page and the files are not there.

http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=25320

Thanks for your help!

Martin.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Sorry, looks like they didn't get uploaded.  They are uploaded now.  Let me know if you have any issues and I'll try to sort them out this afternoon if I can get some time.

Chris
Mar 29, 2009 at 4:14 AM
Hi Chris and Wouter,

Thank you very much for your fast responses (a lot more faster than most expensive commercial product support :) ).

The alpha 1.1 fixed my problem.

Martin.