Bulk Tasks

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Chris, Wouter,

your project looks very good, so I just gave it a try. I got everything working, except for the bulk tasks: when I start the Sample Workflow that your toolkit provides (which has Task 0 as bulk-actionable) on two documents in my list, and then invoke the "Process all tasks" menu item in the Task list (which has 4 tasks now, from the two running workflows) I get the error "There are no bulk actionable tasks in the current view. Not all workflow tasks can be acted on in bulk."

Am I doing something wrong?

best regards
jennifer
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2009 at 4:05 PM
Could you post your workflow.xml file?

Chris
Apr 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Chris, thanks for the prompt reply.

I am using your TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.Sample of the 1.0 release of your solution. The workflow.xml includes

<Task_0_FormUrl>/_controltemplates/WSS3WorkflowSample/TaskOneForm.ascx</Task_0_FormUrl>
<
Task_1_FormUrl>/_controltemplates/WSS3WorkflowSample/TaskTwoForm.ascx</Task_1_FormUrl>

<
Task_BulkIds>0</Task_BulkIds>
<
Task_0_NameText>Custom Task One</Task_0_NameText>

<
BulkTask_0_FormUrl>/_controltemplates/WSS3WorkflowSample/TaskOneBulkForm.ascx</BulkTask_0_FormUrl>
<
BulkTask_0_HeaderText>Bulk Edit Task One</BulkTask_0_HeaderText>

From what I read I assume that should allow the "Task One" (id 0) to be bulk editable, using the TaskOneBulkForm.ascx, which is also included in that project.
jennifer
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM
If I would have ready your initial message more carefully I would have realized you are clicking process all tasks in the tasks list, not the list/doc lib the workflow is attached to.

The option you are choosing is using the built in SharePoint support for Bulk Tasks.  This approach requires InfoPath, so our solution replaces this one.  Our solution sends you to the list/doc lib the workflow is attached to for the bulk task options.  Take a look in your list/doc lib the workflow is attached to for a bulk task option in the Actions menu.

Chris
Apr 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM
I knew I was doing something wrong!

I now looked in the right place and can confirm that your bulk edit task form works like a charm :-)

While I am happy to put this down as another "user headspace error", I think that I will probably not be the only person that will (by habit) look in the task list for the bulk edit task form ...I think it is important to get more documentation on this project/solution. I know that you're working towards a 1.1 release that should have that ... is there anything "someone" could help you with in regards to doumentation?

jennifer
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Right now the problem both Wouter and I have is time.  We're working on getting a framework in place for documentation using Sandcastle to generate a .chm file.  Once we get the framework and outline in place, we may open it up to others to help.  Mostly it's just an issue of time right now.

Chris
Apr 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM
I understand. Well, if there's anything ready that "an outsider" could help with, like proof-reading, testing etc., please don't hesitate to let me know.

thanks again for your prompt replies!
jennifer