Errors on "VOTE" scene

May 18, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I have a Vote workflow:

(1)there are two steps, step one need 2 people to audit (corresponding 2 tasks), if there would be at least  one people to approve it, this step will be finished and create a new task for step 2

(2)now assume that the approver are A and B , and correspondingly task are TaskA and TaskB for step 1, if the approver A give the approval to TaskA and approver B doesn't execute his/her TaskB,

according to my VOTE rules, step 1 finished at this time and this workflow redirect to step 2 now!

And at this time two problems occur when  approver B gives his/her approval to TaskB:

(1)one is that though approver B have submit his/her task, the Task status still is not start,  I think the task status is "finished".

(2)another is that if approver B submit TaskB once again, the following error infomation will bubble up "This task is currently locked by a running workflow and cannot be edited".

so could you fix these problems in the wss3 workflow framework? thank you.

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Hi Foggia,

This is not an issue in WSS 3 Workflow Tools but in your workflow. You could for instance delete the TaskB in your workflow when you continue after one approval.

Wouter

Sent: maandag 18 mei 2009 10:08
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: Errors on "VOTE" scene [wss3workflow:56619]

I have a Vote workflow:

(1)there are two steps, step one need 2 people to audit (corresponding 2 tasks), if there would be at least one people to approve it, this step will be finished and create a new task for step 2

(2)now assume that the approver are A and B , and correspondingly task are TaskA and TaskB for step 1, if the approver A give the approval to TaskA and approver B doesn't execute his/her TaskB,

according to my VOTE rules, step 1 finished at this time and this workflow redirect to step 2 now!

And at this time two problems occur when approver B gives his/her approval to TaskB:

(1)one is that though approver B have submit his/her task, the Task status still is not start, I think the task status is "finished".

(2)another is that if approver B submit TaskB once again, the following error infomation will bubble up "This task is currently locked by a running workflow and cannot be edited".

so could you fix these problems in the wss3 workflow framework? thank you.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com