Error using WorkflowSerializer.DeserializeFromXmlString

May 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I get the following error: "System.InvalidOperationException: <AssocInstFormData xmlns=''> was not expected" when calling the DeserializeFromXmlString method in the WorkflowActivated event handler of my workflow.  I'm calling it like this,

<font size="2">

_configData =

</font>

WorkflowDataSerializer.DeserializeFromXmlString<WorkflowConfiguration>(WorkflowProperties.InitiationData);

where _configData is an instance of my workflow configuration class

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Sounds like you may still have an issue with the copied sample. I think AssocInstFormData is our demo class. Not 100% sure though.

Wouter

Van: jgmeyer [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: di 26-5-2009 18:41
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Error using WorkflowSerializer.DeserializeFromXmlString [wss3workflow:57500]

I get the following error: "System.InvalidOperationException: <AssocInstFormData xmlns=''> was not expected" when calling the DeserializeFromXmlString method in the WorkflowActivated event handler of my workflow. I'm calling it like this,

<font size="2">

_configData =

</font>

WorkflowDataSerializer.DeserializeFromXmlString<WorkflowConfiguration>(WorkflowProperties.InitiationData);

where _configData is an instance of my workflow configuration class

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=57500&ANCHOR#Post194352> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:57500]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/project/unsubscribe/wss3workflow> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
May 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM

AssocInstForm is the name of my configuration user control (it is the same name as in the sample project) that was created when I added a Configuration Control to my project.  It also created AssocInstFormData.cs as well, which I use as the configuration class for my workflow (as is done in the instructional video).  the class is simply a container with a single string property called WorkflowComments.