This project is read-only.

using tpg:InputFormSection I lose some functionality of wssuc:InputFormSection?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Hi all, this is my third discussion openend about this framework. I'm exploring it in some deep and I think is rather good for my needs. But I'm a bit confused because i'm not receiving any feedback: Is this discussion list checked? or am I out-of-target? 

Anyhow, this is another question for 'you' out there: using tpg:InputFormSection, it seems I'm losing some functionality of wssuc:InputFormSection

1) the Collapsible / Collapsed properties are lost

2) I use the following code (courtesy of http://karinebosch.wordpress.com/sharepoint-controls/inputformsectionascx-control/) to dimensionate the colums of the InputFormSection. But using it with tpg:InputFormSection will lead to an error (I suppose because I cannot have a <table> tag inside a <tpg:InputForm> tag)

<%@ Register TagPrefix="spuc" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="InputFormSection" Src="/_controltemplates/InputFormSection.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="InputFormControl" Src="/_controltemplates/InputFormControl.ascx" %>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="ms-propertysheet" width="100%">
   <colgroup>
      <col style="width: 20%"></col>
      <col style="width: 80%"></col>
   </colgroup>
   <tr>
      <td>
          <wssuc:InputFormSection ID="InputFormSection1" runat="server"
               Title="InputFormSection 1"
               Description="Shows the possibilities of the different SharePoint user controls" >
            <template_inputformcontrols>
               <wssuc:InputFormControl runat="server" LabelText="" >
                  <Template_Control>                   
                     <div class="ms-authoringcontrols">
                         Other controls will be placed here...                           
                     </div>
                  </Template_Control>
               </wssuc:InputFormControl>
            </template_inputformcontrols>
          </wssuc:InputFormSection>
      </td>
   </tr>
</table>

So, it seems that the better choiche is a balance between the two options. I'll use the

<wssuc:InputFormSection>
          <wssuc:InputFormControl>
              <Template_Control>                   
              </Template_Control>
pattern for the inputformsection 
<tpg:InputForm >
	<tpg:ButtonSection>
    	</tpg:ButtonSection>
</tpg:InputForm>
pattern for the ButtonSection
Are my assumption correct? will this decision lead to problems in using the framework? 
*any* response will be appreciated
thank you 
Rob
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM
Sorry dude. We are both just really really busy. Please accept my apology. I'll read up tonight. It is however wise to expect at least a few days, since we are only with the two of us. There is no team here but us.

Wouter

Van: Interah [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: do 25-6-2009 19:09
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: using tpg:InputFormSection I lose some functionality of wssuc:InputFormSection? [wss3workflow:60680]

Hi all, this is my third discussion openend about this framework. I'm exploring it in some deep and I think is rather good for my needs. But I'm a bit confused because i'm not receiving any feedback: Is this discussion list checked? or am I out-of-target?

Anyhow, this is another question for 'you' out there: using tpg:InputFormSection, it seems I'm losing some functionality of wssuc:InputFormSection

2) I use the following code (courtesy of http://karinebosch.wordpress.com/sharepoint-controls/inputformsectionascx-control/) to dimensionate the colums of the InputFormSection. But using it with tpg:InputFormSection will lead to an error (I suppose because I cannot have a tag inside a <tpg:InputForm> tag)

<%@ Register TagPrefix="spuc" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="InputFormSection" Src="/_controltemplates/InputFormSection.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="InputFormControl" Src="/_controltemplates/InputFormControl.ascx" %>

Description="Shows the possibilities of the different SharePoint user controls" >
<Template_Control>

</Template_Control>

So, it seems that the better choiche is a balance between the two options. I'll use the

<Template_Control>
</Template_Control>
Are my assumption correct? will this decision lead to problems in using the framework?
thank you
Rob

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=60680&ANCHOR#Post205535> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:60680]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/project/unsubscribe/wss3workflow> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Yes. It seems I missed the Collapsible / Collapsed properties in my implementation of the Microsoft user controls. What is probably best for you is to use the normal Microsoft User Controls for this. E.g. include the references on top of your ASCX file exactly like Karine indicates

http://karinebosch.wordpress.com/sharepoint-controls/inputformsectionascx-control/

This should work just fine. In order to create the OK button you should add a button section like follows:

http://karinebosch.wordpress.com/sharepoint-controls/buttonsectionascx-control/

Instead of an OnClick handler you can add the CommandName="Commit" argument to the OK button.

Hope it helps.

Wouter

Van: Interah [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: do 25-6-2009 19:09
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: using tpg:InputFormSection I lose some functionality of wssuc:InputFormSection? [wss3workflow:60680]

Hi all, this is my third discussion openend about this framework. I'm exploring it in some deep and I think is rather good for my needs. But I'm a bit confused because i'm not receiving any feedback: Is this discussion list checked? or am I out-of-target?

Anyhow, this is another question for 'you' out there: using tpg:InputFormSection, it seems I'm losing some functionality of wssuc:InputFormSection

2) I use the following code (courtesy of http://karinebosch.wordpress.com/sharepoint-controls/inputformsectionascx-control/) to dimensionate the colums of the InputFormSection. But using it with tpg:InputFormSection will lead to an error (I suppose because I cannot have a tag inside a <tpg:InputForm> tag)

<Template_Control>

</Template_Control>

<Template_Control>
</Template_Control>
thank you
Rob

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=60680&ANCHOR#Post205535> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:60680]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/project/unsubscribe/wss3workflow> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com