This project is read-only.

multiple task forms in a single workflow

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM

hello...this is an excellent tool.....i have 2 questions..

i want to use several different task forms in a single workflow? how can i determine where each one will be used in a workflow and also how do i get them all into my my workflow.xml?

Secondly, what other sharepoint controld can i use in the initiation and modification forms? Can you pls point me to a list of them all and the corresponding code?

Thanks

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Hi,

look at the example solution provided by your WSS3 installation (start/all programs/ted pattison group/sample), and you will find the answer for your question.

you can define different task forms for each tasks in your workflow.xml, which can be determined using TaskITypes. For example:

<Task_0_FormUrl>/_controltemplates/yourworkflow/yourfirsttask.ascx</Task_0_FormUrl>

<Taks_1_FormUrl>/_comtroltemplates/yourworkflow/yoursecondtask.ascx</Task_1_FormUrl>

You can associate the tasktype with your task, when you create it (in your invoking method of the CreateTask activity):

CreateTask create = (CreateTask)sender;

create.TaskProperties.TaskType = 0; -> that's the where it happens... -><Task_0_FormUrl>.../yourfirsttask.ascx</Task_0_FormUrl> as shown below...