This project is read-only.

multiple task forms in a single workflow

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:03 PM

hello...this is an excellent tool.....i have 2 questions..

i want to use several different task forms in a single workflow? how can i determine where each one will be used in a workflow and also how do i get them all into my my workflow.xml?

Secondly, what other sharepoint controld can i use in the initiation and modification forms? Can you pls point me to a list of them all and the corresponding code?

Thanks

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:22 PM

The easiest way to support multiple tasks is to use the TaskType property when creating the task.  In the task properties on the CreateTask activity, you can set a number indicating the task type.  The framework will take that TaskType value into account when finding your task form.  If you look at the sample application provided, you'll see in the Workflow.cs file that the TaskType is set when the tasks are created.  If you then look at the Workflow.xml you'll see multiple task form URLs, Task_0_FormUrl and Task_1_FormUrl.  These are the urls of the task forms to be used in each case.

Since the Initiation and Modification forms are just ASPX user forms, you can use nearly any ASPX control in the .ascx file.  For a complete list I'd recommend a reference on ASP.NET.  When I say nearly any what I mean is that there are possibly ASP.NET controls out there that require special additions such as known file paths and web.config changes that may conflict with SharePoint.  I've run into very few cases of this, so I'd feel safe trying most any control.

Chris

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM

thanks for your reply but where exactly are the sample files?

i installed the tool but i simply dont know where the sample files are.

thanks

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM

C:\program files\ted pattison group\

Best regards,

Wouter van Vugt
MVP Visual Studio Tools for Office

Envelope

wouter@code-counsel.net

Telephone

+31 6  438 317 12

icon_twitter

@woutervugt

RSS

http://blogs.code-counsel.net/wouter

Logo 7 cm

Code Counsel

Critical Path Training

CPT

Sharing Knowledge with Passion
www.code-counsel.net

Your fastest way up the SharePoint learning curve!
www.criticalpathtraining.com

Sent: dinsdag 11 augustus 2009 22:23
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: Re: multiple task forms in a single workflow [wss3workflow:65102]

thanks for your reply but where exactly are the sample files?

i installed the tool but i simply dont know where the sample files are.

thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com