Can you recommend an approach ... multple forms

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I want to have a "reassignable" checkbox on the association and instantiation page and then if the user checks the box I want to display a reassign button.  You are looking into a question about how to show/hide that button.  What I want to know is that if the user clicks the reassign button I want to take them to another form to do the reassignment but I'm not sure of the best approach.

I've done this today but having a hidden input form control/section on my task form that I show when they click the reassign button (not a commit button) - and I hide everything else.  It works fine but I'm wondering if there is another way where I could have a second, separate task form that I could just redirect them to, or maybe you have a better idea.

I'm also wondered how I might have a 2 or more page process for the task.  Maybe I need to collect a lot of data in the task and it would really be best to have multple pages rather than one really long page.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I'd look at using the MultiView or Wizard ASP.NET controls.  These allow you to do what you're already doing in a more controlled way.

If you absolutely need multiple pages you could always write your own task pages but you'd need to manage data flow between them and then handle submission of the tasks on your own.

Chris