AssocInstForm.ascx does not exist.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Hello. I am trying to use the WSS3WorkflowToolsSample project with VS 2008 as the basis for a custom workflow with an association form.

I am using a newly installed WSS3/MOSS on a Windows Server 2003 VM. First I installed the TGP.SharePoint.Workflow tools, then downloaded the sample project and opened it in VS. The project compiles fine, and I can activate the feature at the site collection level. However, when I try to associate the feature with an existing document library, I get an error.

Looking at the error log, this seems to be the problem:

11/02/2009 16:15:38.46  w3wp.exe (0x0EC4)                        

0x0B38 Windows SharePoint Services    General                        

8dzz High     

Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException  Exception Message: The file '/_layouts/WSS3Workflow/_controltemplates/WSS3WorkflowToolsSample/AssocInstForm.ascx' does not exist.

I've been working around this problem for days, and today I decided to test with a clean install, but the problem remains. Any help really welcome - I have a deadline coming up in three days. Thanks.

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I'm having the exact same issue.

VS2008 + WSS3WorkflowToolsSample.

I don't have the content type specified in 

TaskListContentTypeId

="0x010801004E4FD5D508784092AA20394584759B99"

I don't think that this is causing the problem right now. I'm not really sure why the feature didn't install properly...

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Actually, I found an ugly fix for it... If you're on dead line it might help...

Just copy the file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\WSS3Workflow\_controltemplates\WSS3WorkflowToolsSample

It will work...

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM
Not sure what the issue is... Luckily it is just in the sample project! The rest working ok?

Van: qurom [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: di 3-11-2009 21:03
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Re: AssocInstForm.ascx does not exist. [wss3workflow:73822]

Actually, I found an ugly fix for it... If you're on dead line it might help...

Just copy the file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\WSS3Workflow\_controltemplates\WSS3WorkflowToolsSample

It will work...

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=73822&ANCHOR#Post252956> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:73822]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com