does wss3workflowtools work on MOSS?

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Hi,

I have watched the videos and am now trying to get my first workflow project to work using your toolset.

My instantiation form works perfectly, but when I try and create a task I get this error:

The requested workflow task content type was not found on the SPWeb.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.PrepForWorkflowTemplate(SPWorkflowTemplate wt)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflowElev(SPListItem item, SPFile file, SPWorkflowAssociation association, SPWorkflowEvent startEvent, Boolean bAutoStart, Boolean bCreateOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.<>c__DisplayClass1.<StartWorkflow>b__0()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(SPListItem item, SPWorkflowAssociation association, SPWorkflowEvent startEvent, Boolean bAutoStart, Boolean bCreateOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(SPListItem item, SPWorkflowAssociation association, String eventData, Boolean isAutoStart)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(SPListItem item, SPWorkflowAssociation association, String eventData)
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.InstantiationPage.CommitInstantiation(ConfigurationData data)
   at TPG.SharePoint.Workflow.InstantiationFormHost.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I am developing on MOSS.  Could that be the problem?

Thanks,

Craig

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I used TaskListContentTypeId="0x010801004E4FD5D508784092AA20394584759B99"

Craig

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM

If I use TaskListContentTypeId="0x010801" then the task gets created, but my custom task control is not used as the edit form.

What is the name of the custom content type?  I have used SharePoint Inspector and don't see anything in _hidden that looks like it is from this project.

Craig

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Okay, I see from the supplied wsp that it is called "TPG.SharePoint.Workflow Task Content Type".

So, why are the forms being installed but the content type not added?

Craig

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Can you verify that feature 76FBCD30-2832-401d-9D28-2D73C5D584B9 is activated on your site.  Usually there is a feature activation dependency in your new feature pointing to this one.  What this feature does is install the content type.

Chris

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hi Chris,

What is the name of that feature and what is the scope?  I have it referenced in my feature.xml:

<ActivationDependencies>
  <ActivationDependency FeatureId="76FBCD30-2832-401d-9D28-2D73C5D584B9"/>
</ActivationDependencies>

Craig

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM
The feature is TPG.SharePoint.Workflow and is site collection scoped.

Wouter

Van: craigiw [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: vr 20-11-2009 16:57
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Re: does wss3workflowtools work on MOSS? [wss3workflow:75713]

Hi Chris,

What is the name of that feature and what is the scope? I have it referenced in my feature.xml:

<ActivationDependencies>
<ActivationDependency FeatureId="76FBCD30-2832-401d-9D28-2D73C5D584B9"/>
</ActivationDependencies>

Craig

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=75713&ANCHOR#Post259093> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:75713]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Nov 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hi Wouter,

No, that feature is not listed in my site collection features.  I will retract and re-deploy your WSP and see if it appears.

Craig

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Hmm, I could not properly retract the solution.  It failed saying it could not delete the assembly from the GAC.

It let me delete it though, but now when I re-deploy it, it can't copy the assembly to the GAC.  This seems to be because it's already there, but it won't deploy with it there.

If I try to remove the assembly from the GAC, I get an error that it is in use by another process, even with IIS stopped :(

I'll keep at it a while longer, but it looks like it won't work until I can get this assembly removed.

Craig

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Okay, I have now re-deplyed the WSP, with no errors, but there is still no feature named TPG.SharePoint.Workflow listed in the site collection features :(

Craig

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Our feature is hidden. You can use STSADM -o ActivateFeature to activate it.

Van: craigiw [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: vr 20-11-2009 17:46
Aan: Wouter van Vugt
Onderwerp: Re: does wss3workflowtools work on MOSS? [wss3workflow:75713]

Okay, I have now re-deplyed the WSP, with no errors, but there is still no feature named TPG.SharePoint.Workflow listed in the site collection features :(

Craig

Read the full discussion online <http://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=75713&ANCHOR#Post259108> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[wss3workflow:75713]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://wss3workflow.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com