Change Task Type

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Hi Chris & Vouter,

I'm using your great tool to create a statemachine workflow. During the different states I want a different form shown, I tried to change the task type without creating a new task this dosn't work for me, before I spend too much time on figuring out why, I'd like to ask if it's possible to change task type without creating a new task? (It works perfect when I create a new task).

Another question I need to get information from the task-Item itself and displaying this on the form (I read you have a solution where you cast the aspx page to IWorkflowPage, but I can't figure out how and where I need to cast this.) Right now I set the TaskData to allow extended properties and use SPContext.Current.ListItem, I wonder if you could point me in a better direction using the IWorkFlowPage cast?

Thanks for a great tool, and your help so far.

Best regards
Klaus

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I think this is internal stuff. Changing the task type also changes the data that you gather (and the content type if you use them)

Best regards,

Wouter van Vugt
MVP Visual Studio Tools for Office

Envelope

wouter@code-counsel.net

Telephone

+31 6  438 317 12

icon_twitter

@woutervugt

RSS

http://blogs.code-counsel.net/wouter

Logo 7 cm

Code Counsel

Critical Path Training

CPT

Sharing Knowledge with Passion
www.code-counsel.net

Your fastest way up the SharePoint learning curve!
www.criticalpathtraining.com

Sent: zondag 22 november 2009 11:49
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: Change Task Type [wss3workflow:75852]

Hi Chris & Vouter,

I'm using your great tool to create a statemachine workflow. During the different states I want a different form shown, I tried to change the task type without creating a new task this dosn't work for me, before I spend too much time on figuring out why, I'd like to ask if it's possible to change task type without creating a new task? (It works perfect when I create a new task).

Another question I need to get information from the task-Item itself and displaying this on the form (I read you have a solution where you cast the aspx page to IWorkflowPage, but I can't figure out how and where I need to cast this.) Right now I set the TaskData to allow extended properties and use SPContext.Current.ListItem, I wonder if you could point me in a better direction using the IWorkFlowPage cast?

Best regards
Klaus

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2009 at 10:27 AM

And in the last version we expose both the task item and the workflow item on the controls. No casting needs anymore. Will have to look up the property names, but I think you can decompile taskcontrol for yourself J

Best regards,

Wouter van Vugt
MVP Visual Studio Tools for Office

Envelope

wouter@code-counsel.net

Telephone

+31 6  438 317 12

icon_twitter

@woutervugt

RSS

http://blogs.code-counsel.net/wouter

Logo 7 cm

Code Counsel

Critical Path Training

CPT

Sharing Knowledge with Passion
www.code-counsel.net

Your fastest way up the SharePoint learning curve!
www.criticalpathtraining.com

Sent: zondag 22 november 2009 11:49
To: Wouter van Vugt
Subject: Change Task Type [wss3workflow:75852]

Hi Chris & Vouter,

Another question I need to get information from the task-Item itself and displaying this on the form (I read you have a solution where you cast the aspx page to IWorkflowPage, but I can't figure out how and where I need to cast this.) Right now I set the TaskData to allow extended properties and use SPContext.Current.ListItem, I wonder if you could point me in a better direction using the IWorkFlowPage cast?

Best regards
Klaus

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wss3workflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com